From singing grease monkeys to the greatest story ever told, SummerTide Theatre continues to provide quality summertime entertainment to the Gulf Shores Region. Our dedicated cast, crew, and creative staff work tirelessly to bring the best of UA Theatre and Dance to the George C. Meyer Performing Arts Center. But for all their hard work and dedication, there is still only one key player we count on time and time again: You.
While SummerTide Theatre is underwritten by The University of Alabama, we are dependent on contributions from corporations and individuals to make this dream the reality that it continues to be. Since 2004, The University of Alabama Department of Theatre and Dance has presented professional theatre in Gulf Shores, Alabama. These productions are designed and directed by UA professors and feature UA students. The past eighteen seasons have been very successful in attracting and pleasing audiences from south Alabama and from all around the United States. In particular, the residents of the Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, and Foley communities have been wonderfully supportive.
As one of our major donors, you will be acknowledged in both the lobby of the theatre and in the programs placed in the hands of each member of our audience. Donors are also offered complimentary tickets to any of our performances – including the opportunity to select an entire night just for them, their friends, and colleagues! This option requires a gift of $10,000 and must be secured before tickets go on sale to the general public (your gift, minus the cost of those tickets, is tax-deductible). Your gift also allows us to keep ticket prices within an affordable range for residents and tourists alike and supports the production values and the professional experience of these talented student-artists.
Dominic Yeager, Chair of the UA Department of Theatre and Dance, is happy to discuss with you whatever level of support you are interested in offering and wants to discuss your participation in this exciting event. Please feel free to contact him at (205) 348-3844. Thank you for considering being a part of this exciting program!
Can we count on your support?
The following categories offer various ways in which you can take part as a SummerTide sponsor.
PLATINUM | $10,000+
- 128 tickets (a full house!) for one evening’s performance giving you the entire house for you and your guests.
- Recognition in our lobby display as well as in each night’s playbill as a Platinum Sponsor
$2560 of your gift goes toward the purchase of tickets and is not tax-deductible, the remainder may be deducted.
GOLD | $5,000-$9,999
- 50 tickets for one evening’s performance.
- Recognition in each night’s program as a Gold Sponsor.
$1000 of your gift goes toward the purchase of tickets and is not tax-deductible, the remainder may be deducted.
SILVER | $2,000-$4,999
- 25 tickets for one evening’s performance.
- Sponsorship of four weeklong theatre workshops taught by SummerTide performers and staff.
- Recognition for each of the workshops will be prominently displayed during the workshop sessions.
$500 of your gift goes toward the purchase of tickets and is not tax-deductible, the remainder may be deducted.
BRONZE | $1,500-$1,999
- 10 tickets for one evening’s performance.
- Sponsorship of one evening’s performance and recognition in the program.
- Recognition will be displayed in the theatre lobby for the selected evening’s performance.
$200 of your gift goes toward the purchase of tickets and is not tax-deductible, the remainder may be deducted.